March 27, 2003 Some photos of all the networking equipment at the Sioux Lookout Library. The Sioux Lookout fiber network terminates here.
- The "K-Net Corner" in the Sioux Lookout Library basement. The server rack will eventually be home for the essential se
- All of the equipment and how it interconnects.
- The Cisco 7204VXR router provides routing between the VLAN's. It also ensures proper Quality of Service on the T1 WAN connection
- The two Cisco 3524 switches connect each location in town via their own VLAN.
- The media converters convert the signal between the fiber pairs (100base-FX) and CAT5 copper (100base-T).
- The patch panel where all 144 strands of fiber terminate. Each location connected to the fiber network requires at least two fib
- The UPS keeps the equipment up and running for a few hours whenever the power fails. Those spare batteries will eventually go to
- The rack with the network equipment that makes the fiber "tick".