The Aboriginal Telehealth Knowledge Circle is holding a Canada Health Infoway Phase 1 planning session in Keewaytinook Okimakanak's Balmertown office. The meeting is scheduled to start Monday, August 22 and end Wednesday, August 24.
The objective of the meeting is:
- Engage stakeholders to build working network and support via ATKC in the development of a series of “Aboriginal Telehealth Toolkits” that can help assist Telehealth development and implementation for and with Aboriginal communities by:
- Conducting or participating in an “Environmental Scan” to identify processes, requirements and services available for the development of Telehealth services; and
- Sharing best practices and expertise.
Representatives from the following groups have travelled to Balmertown for this workshop.
- Canada Health Infoway - Robert Vigneault, Telehealth Director (Winnipeg) and Krista Balenko, Program Officer (Montreal)
- ATKC - Steven Fox-Radulovich, Director (West Bay) and Allen DeLeary, Health Consultant (Ottawa)
- NORTH Network - Dr. Rob Williams, Clinical Director (Timmins)
- Canadian Society of Telehealth - Dr. Richard Scott, President (Calgary), Roberta Hildebrand, Executive Director (Ottawa)
- KO Team participating in this meeting
- Geordi Kakepetum, KO Executive Director
- Robert Thomas, KO Health Director
- Tina Kakepetum Schultz, KO Health Community Liaison
- Kevin Houghton, KO Telehealth Project Manager
- Brian Beaton, K-Net Coordinator (Sioux Lookout)
Eugene Nicholas, Assembly of First Nations' Health Programs Coordinator is joining the meeting by video conference from Montreal.